1) To support your local bookstore. Here’s a fantastic list on why you should buy books locally.
2) YOU GET A BOOK! You get to slip inside a whole new little world for a while, and maybe learn something new.
3) You get to SEE other books that you might want… browsing is one of my absolute favorite things about bookstores!
4) You’d be supporting your local economy… and times are tough, what goes around comes around.
5) A lot of other people are doing it. Okay, that doesn’t look like a lot… but if you and your friends join, maybe it will!
What reasons do you have?
Five awesome links for you!
1) My newest story is up on Tales From the Hollow Tree. It’s called “The King’s Knight,” and involves a woman, a king, and (as you might guess) a knight. You’re probably familiar with the story.
2) I’m now a Dojo Leader! I’m so excited to be a regular poster at Ali Cross’ Dojo, Alif is the genius behind Writing Ninjas and will be hosting NiNoCon (Ninja Novel Conference) TOMORROW! Don’t miss out, it’s a totally free online writer’s conference, all you have to do is show up!
3) Books are For Lovers was mentioned on YA Highway today! Thank you YA Highway! If you want to read about supporting your local brick-and-mortar store this Valentine’s Day, check out what it’s all about!
4) Amanda Thomson also blogged about Books are for Lovers on her blog, Maybe Mandie! Thank you, Amanda!
5) And Cheri Chesley blogged about it on Mormon Mommy Writers! Thank you, Cheri!
I’m so excited that this is reaching other people! Books are for Lovers now has an Events page on Facebook. If you want to participate, come by and let us know! And invite your book-loving friends!
DON’T FORGET NINOCON TOMORROW!
Have a great weekend, everybody!